Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Days Called Holidays

Whoa, it's been a tiring 3 or 4 days back to back. Well, guess this is what Chinese New Year's all about, heh.

This year reunion dinner ain't so much of a reunion. We did had lunch at my dad's side grandmother's place, but well, its just for the sake of eating there. I mean, there isn't any reunion literally. And my mom's side grandmother, she felt that she she can no longer take the strain of preparing meals for 6 families in one night so we all decided to just have our own dinner back home. In a way, it felt good too, I mean no need to wait for each other to have dinner. Like I said you know, there isn't much of a reunion literally when everyone wait for their turn to eat but of course we'll have to be practical, its just not possible anymore unless you're eating at a huge restaurant.

And the next 3 days is just the usual. Visiting blitz, collecting loads of angpau (loads as in weight, not value XD ) and it was super tiring. Well, it isn't so bad anyway, though I must admit I have more fun visiting people rather than being visited, heh.

There was me procrastinating. It started with me receiving a greeting card from my old time friend, and I wanted to just text him a thanks and happy holiday but no, I procrastinate to the next day and I completely forgot about it till the middle of the week. Then on the eve to first day, people were text-ing each other greetings. First one I got was on that eve night, and I replied kind of late, like 12 am. After I sent it I was holy cow, 12am, wont there be network congestion? Nice going, smart guy. Duh. Then later on somewhere between then an 1am, I received several more forwarded greetings and stuff like that but I was too tired and though to just them one the next morning. There I go again, procrastinated. Well, I did send them out, in a rush as we woke up late and had to go to grandma's place. And ah, now that I recall, I think I miss one or two person. Hah. Its nothing significant, I know this. Just felt that it'll be nicer if I did. It's just me and my entangled mind.

Anyway all in all this holiday has been ok so far. No much stress and its like I temporary flew out of this world into another world. I never really got bored for the pass few days, busy visiting then rush back in the evening to hit the bed for a short nap, then off again and find sometime to online at night no matter how tired I am. If only I'm as proactive in my studies as I did here. But yeah, soon reality will kick in again, more bumpy days ahead, starting with an all ridiculously tough mid term paper next week.

Oh boy, if only life could flow like this everyday huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home