Sunday, December 31, 2006

[Part 1] The Year That Was

What a year 2006 has been. It just came and now leaving so fast, I guess I was so caught up in my every day’s life routine but as fast as it came and go, so many things had happened. Of course, there are few that’s significant, that somehow changed my life.

Some of the early calamity revolves around my academic downfall. Now that I try to recall those days, I can’t really tell for sure what really happened, I just screw up few papers. But I guess that’s why I never really learn. Now since I’m referring this year as a calendar year, which means somehow my academic year overlap into it. I can’t really remember for sure, but I suppose last year’s third semester was during the beginning of this year.

Yep, it was third semester, followed by first semester of the following academic year, and now in second semester. Now all in all, as far as I could recall, I would say that third semester was the best semester I ever had. For all the memories I had, it is as well, the best semester I’ve had thus far. And rather unfortunately, I guess, it’ll be the best I’ll ever have… as much as I wish good things could only change for the better.

Now to be honest, sometimes I think that anyone who gets such a bad academic results as I do would have freak out. I don’t know why though I never really did, heh. But I guess, circumstantially, there were some things that did help. Like, sometimes knowing that there are others who were just like me, makes it feel not so bad after all. It’s like seeing these guys still carrying on after what seems like a perpetual bad academic result and they still carry on with the hope of completing this one day.

But that’s about how a year, 365 days, passes in our life. Of course many things could happen, but only few are significant. And as much I’d like to put it in words, I just don’t know how. But you know, it’s always good when someone who came into our life plays a significant role, sort of like somehow being a part of shaping us up. Yeah, I had changed a lot ever since I stepped into university life. All these close friends are these significant people in my life, although I don’t have many of them.

So I’d say that, this year I’ve learned a lot. Many things I’ve sort of learned or experience were something that I never once thought would be possible, like, those were too good to be true for a person like me. I can’t swear they were all real, but it certainly felt that way. And I guess that in a way, many ways actually, it changed me, for the better. It’s like you know, after some long tiring harsh week, you could look forward to something that somehow makes you feel better. Like the always say, conversing with someone you’re close too often helps ease things up, even if it isn’t about what’s bugging you.

There’s a reason why I’ve mention earlier that the beginning of this year, third semester, was like the best point of my life. That was one, but not all. I guess in life, there are certain feelings that, at times it’s really good, positive, and constructive if you will. I don’t know, it’s hard to describe or explain in words, it’s so strange, almost magical. But heck, then again the circumstance was strange anyway. “Who’d thought something through the wire would eventually become something so real.” This is the easiest way to describe it.

Like they always say, every good thing has its own share of hurt and pain. Throughout the year, there are a lot of ups and down, I can’t complain. But sometimes, there are certain things that is just out of our control, that, at the least to say, that we never meant to say or do. I don’t know how but it just seems that, maybe I am to blame too for all of this. I mean, anyway, to be honest, there are certain thing that I wish I could take back, and most of all, there are so many things that I wish I had done instead of just holding back, so afraid. Now they all suddenly came up my mind again because at times like this, I spend everyday thinking that maybe it could had made all the difference for the better. Like, maybe things would have been different and it wouldn’t have been so bad.

But I guess that’s how my life went this year. All the calamities somehow got pushed and gathered at the end of the year. And so it’ll be the year that started out great and ended not so great. And for all these significant peoples in my life, I owe them in a way or another, and I sure am glad to knew them, regardless of how things will be in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home