Sunday, April 22, 2007

Anyway

Days like this, all I could is put the music on and just listen to it. Had I been using a record player, it's head would have wear thin by now. Sometimes I just put one on that I could relate to, and every other time it'll be just some nice one with catchy beats, sentimental ones or whatever. I have to admit that I don't know what else I could have done for myself. I could only try so much, I wish I knew what I should or perhaps should not have done.

Anyway with this twisted ways of mine to cope, I'm always looking out for new songs, and it couldn't have came at a better time... perhaps. I was watching this American Idol show just to pass the time and there was this country singer performing a song that goes by the title of Anyway. She was Martina McBride.

This song brings a meaning of keep doing what we believe in no matter how the world is against us, how things doesn't go our way.

You can spend your whole life building
Something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway

You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might never come your way
Dream it anyway

God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy
It's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

God is great
But sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yea - sing it anyway

I sing
I dream
I love
Anyway

I don't know if this song should be an inspirational one to never give up or, it horrifyingly reminds me that nothing gold can be mine and yet I still have to keep on chasing dreams that can never be mine just because I'm alive here.

You know, sometimes I wonder how all these songwriters could write such wonderful songs. There may be lots of theoretical music knowledge required to compose a song, but I suppose that is not necessary to write some simple yet meaningful lyrics. I wish I have such talent, I think lyric writing could have been a very good hobby.

Ah well, enough for today. I'm so complicated right now. They say not everything in life is perfect, well I hope that I will someday find that not everything in my life is imperfect.

I never meant to do you wrong. If only I could made this known...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its always 50% perfection and 50% imperfection...and that makes you human. 100% perfect would be God. 100% imperfect would be the Devil -depending on which camp you belong to. But who wants to be either of them anyway -unless you are crazy! So enjoy being human. Nice blog. Enjoyed reading it. Here's inviting you to mine -www.frozenframes-su.blogspot.com

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home