Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The dreamcatcher that's never was and never will be

I have a problem of always getting or settling down for something lesser than what I bargain for. Let's take my current computer as an example.

I wanted a Radeon 9800 Pro video card, which is fast enough to make the most out of my system base on a P4 2.8Ghz CPU. But I can't afford it without selling a kidney and so ended up with the R9600Pro, half the price, half the performance. Oh, did I mention I accidently bought the R9600P that actually comes with a slower memory speed version? Same goes with my CPU cooler. Bought a 3rd party cooler in hopes of a more silent cooler, I ended up with a good performing cooler, but no more silent the the vaccume cleaner.

Sometimes I'd like to see myself as a dreamchaser, but never a dreamcatcher. All I'm good at is to have the desire, the dream of something, but never really turn it into something real. And what's worst, what I chase won't set me free. So i wonder if it's really all that good to have dreams and hopes. Motivative? Yes it is. But motivation brings hopes sky high, and when I miss the jackpot, disappointment overcomes me. I can't help it.

Well, perhaps I should start to limits all my expectation. I should look myself in the mirror coz i guess sometimes i forgets where i stand, or who am I.

Anyway, here's the only thing i dare to hope for now:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

NVidia 6600GT, about 3 times more powerful that my old R9600Pro. Ah, don't get me wrong here, i'm not a unfaithful guy, just that the slow ram is really bugging its performance, heh. I've set my target straight, going for MSI brand, nothing else. Even if I have to pre-order and wait for it, so be it.

And in the mean time, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home