Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Where is my FEAR?

Due to the lack of fear of failing my exam, I just tried out a single player of the upcoming First Person Shooter game, FEAR (First Encounter Assult Recon). I didn't complete the whole demo as I was just satisfying my curiosity on how the game looks like and feel. I played for only about 10 mins, but I must say I'm very impress by the game.

The graphic is just gorgeous, nothing short of Half Life 2 details level and Doom 3 shadows. But due to my sissy graphic card, the game was unbearablely slow and so i had to turn off all the eye candy, unfortunetly. But the game was barely playable anyway. But that doesn't stop me from trying it out, as i was eager to find out how it's AI (Artificial Intelligence) works, which these days is a very curical part of the game.

And to my surprise, it was the best AI I've even seen since i've started playing computer games. I was at the easiest difficulty setting, and the NPC just keep moving around taking cover behind walls. And they are capable of jumping through an opening like a window without being scripted (Scripted means they are animated to jump, which means they will jup regardless of where u are). This is the first time I've seen a NPC doing so. All the other games, the NPC will just walk through the door and have their head blast into bits by your shotgun.

Anyway, the game do contain some horror element. So far, in the 10mins play, I did only encounter once where u'll see a shadowly figure pass right infront of u and dissappear. I'd like to think of it as a first person shooter version of silent hill, but then other than that, the combat is the usual macho gun to gun combat.

Ah, I guess I'll wait for my damn exam to pass before completing the entire demo, hoping it will really freak me out, heh. In the mean time, I'm thinking of upgrading my Radeon 9600 Pro graphic card to the GeForce 6600GT. My card just ain't fast enough anymore, damn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://cmdbvzlx.com/wjoq/tlfy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rzudnsyx.com/tagf/cltt.html]Cool site[/url]

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home