Saturday, June 04, 2005

Just A Dream Or Nightmare?

Last night, I had this one strange dream. Well, i guess it's inappropriate if i were to share the details here, so I guess I won't. No, it's not a dirty dream or anything along that lines, it's just that it will make me kinda foolish, esp to those who knows me in real life. Heh.

Well, anyway, in general, it is something that by far an impossible dream. What i mean here is it's something that will never, ever happends, not in this lifetime at least (wait, i don't really believe in karma actually =P ). But yeah, it is something that i can tell it'll never happens. I know, you'd probably think that i'm a damned pessimist, but well, we have to be realistic right? Even the most optimistic person can't say that 'hey, i can ram my car at 100 mph into the wall and walk away unscratch' right? But ofcourse i'm not implying that my dream is such a bizzare one, but just mearly stressing my point there.

Back to topic, though it's a impoosible dream, somehow it was a very sweet one, one that I wish really did happened to me. Yes, I really had the desire, the wish or whatever on earth u wanna call it, that if only I had such a chance. But here's the problem. Yes, wanting it too much is a problem. Why? I really did enjoy each and every moment (ok, it's virtual moment) but when I woke up, I somehow remembered this very clearly. And happiness turned to disappointment. Immidiately, reality kick in, and i could only tought to myself 'Who am I kidding here. Damn, why I even dare to dream about it.'

Anyway, such disappointment really wasn't the most ideal way to wake up and smell the coffee. Instead, it's like i woke up from the wrong side of my bed and smell the pile of shit. It's much more worst than looking at a GeForce 6800 Ultra SLi set and sigh in a heavy feeling knowing i can't afford it.

Now it makes me wonder if it is actually a sweet dream or actually a nightmare? If it was a sweet dream, then heck I should've woke up with a smile and be glad. But unfortunetly, the gladness was short live. Reality puts a premature end to it. Well, if it's a nightmare, then the effect really takes ages to take place. Its like we have it in our sleep, then got freak out only after we woke up. Hmmm....now is there any catogary such as bitter dream? No, perhaps I'll just call this a sweet bitter dream =P

Well, sometimes, it's ok to let our mind fly away for a moment, into somewhere that we've always wanted, somewhere where this world is too cruel for it to exist, whatever. But when it start to affect us in a negitive way, that's when we should draw the line. It's ok to have motivational dreams, but never let a impossible dream controls us.

I'll be sleeping tonight in hopes of having a better dream. Perhaps I'll dream that I'm spiderman, web swinging to macholy save the girl I have a crush on, have a up-side-down french kiss, and few months later, having another proper french kiss, and she said, go get em tiger and I swing away with the song "Vindicated" playing in the background. Duh. But at least I can laugh it off when i wake up. Isn't that better?

I would fall asleep
Only in hopes of dreaming
That everything would be like is was before
But nights like this it seems are slowly fleeting
They disappear as reality is crashing to the floor

-Lifehouse

2 Comments:

Blogger Emp23 said...

if it makes you feel any better, i have 2 Geforce 6800 Ultras in SLI. :P Anyways you look as though you lack drive in your life man! My drive is; another is idiot mocked makes my day

8:21 AM  
Blogger Garry said...

Damn, I still want's a GF6800U very much man. I may one day let go the desire of that, but a VGA card desire is something i'll never let go as longas PC exist XD

BTW, perhaps i should take up mocking too, might help me fill my time XD

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home