Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I've never conqured rarely came, yesteryear just held such better days.

2 weeks is all that's left of what is gonna be the end of my second year in uni life. Well, when you're in uni, your year is acording to academic year, not the greek calander year, lolz.

Anyway, sometimes when i reminisces about the past years, i cant help but to feel that those were the better years of my life here in uni, and as times pass, i never gets any better. Yeah, my first year was the most enjoyable one. back then, it was almost absolutely care free. And god knows how, I still manage to get some decent grades although i hardly study. try that stunt now and i'll be writing an appeal to our immortal uni president.

One of the best stuff was the drama presentation. yes, back then when we got the assignment, it was as if we're ask to build a space craft. I for one, was so damn lack of confidence, and to think of all the work we need to put in just turns me off. But now when i look back then, i'd rather be doing such thing again then to be here in my room studying some ridiculous theorem and formulars that I wish never existed.

Year two, thet's when the going gets tough...but the tough never gets going. It started as a sweet stroll down the beach, lots of nice memories but little did i know that some thing are too good to last.....it slowly turn to hell as time passes, and by the end of the year, everything seems completely screwed up. and i am suffering the consequence of it. and then came the ineviteble thoughts of how'd things be had i study much harder, had i not act like a jerk and had i been more lucky. perhaps i wouldn't be counting days till the break is over. perhaps i wouldn't be so miserable right now.

Sometimes, it's not just about preventing things to happend or do what should have been done. There are many things that are out of my control that even if given a chance to right those wrongs, i can't change anything anyway. But then, there's another thing that i can do, that is to try and accept things differently. I ain't good to change things, but i can accept it or take it in a different way, in a way that could possibly eliminate all the negetive consequence of it.

But now, it's all so yesterday, and i can't change what i'm going through. the only thing that i can do is to change what i'm about to face...


I never conquered, rarely came
16 just held such better days
Days when I still felt alive
We couldn't wait to get outside
The world was wide, too late to try
The tour was over we'd survived
I couldn't wait till I got home
To pass the time in my room alone

-Blink 182

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home