Friday, May 06, 2005

SLEEPING WITH THE LIGHT ON

Title: Sleeping With The Light On
Artist: Busted
Album: Busted (self titled)

Along she came, with her picture.
Put it in a frame, so I won't miss her.
Got on a plane, from London; Heathrow.
It seems such a shame.

I feel her slipping through my fingers.
Now she's gone, I'm sleeping with the light on.
And sharks swim through my veins now, that she's gone.
I'm sleeping with the light on.

Heard she's engaged, but to her best friend.
No ones to blame, here's where it all ends.
And I feel the pain, 'cause I'm without her.
I feel the pain.

I feel her slipping through my fingers.
Now she's gone, I'm sleeping with the light on.
And sharks swim through my veins now, that she's gone.
I'm sleeping with the light on.

I see the sight, with a different light.
Words cannot describe the way I'm feeling.
'Cause I've been searching in my head.
For the words I thought she'd said.
For too long.

I feel her slipping through my fingers.
Now she's gone, I'm sleeping with the light on.
And sharks swim through my veins now, that she's gone.
I'm sleeping with the light on.


P/S:I got too bored, and so decided to post a lyrics here. Lately, I'm kinda addicted to Busted's song, both of their album, first self titled one and the newer ones of the title A Present To Everyone. Though I prefere the later album, but this previous albums have nice songs too. This song, sleeping with the light on, is the best song off this album, for me at least. This is a slow ballad, rock ballad maybe. Anyway they are more to boyband, not puck rock like Blink 182.

About this song, i guess there's nothing much to say, their meaning are pretty simple and apparent. Basically, I'd say it's a emo song, though not as emo as Blink 182's What Went Wrong. But I like this song anyway. It's the best off this album, though not the best of Busted.

Here are some opinions on this song by fans that I've found online:
"when u can feel someone slipping away from you, as if u know they are going and when they have you dont know what to do you are in shock. in my opinion the line 'now shes gone im sleeping with the light on' makes me think that the person is scared of being alone because of the situation their in (that is my opinion sorry if u dont agree)a great busted song, amazing when played live"
-dying star

"i fucking bummed this song it made me cry...then i realised it was by busted but i still love it even though everything about the band repulses me this song is an exception"
-xmindgamesx

As for my opinion, i have nothing much to say, except that I think the phrase "sleeping with the light on" means having a sleepless nights, possibly due to having lots of problems in a person mind, rather that a literal meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home