Monday, June 25, 2007

When the going gets tough, it can get tougher still.

It's been a boring weekend, I though I'd just pen some stuff here before another week begins.

It's been pretty much a boring weekend, as per usual. I didn't really have the motivation to do anything so I just spend some time on the guitars, learning two new strumming patterns (base picking and slap strum, or whatever they are called), get the tabs for some song and learn them.

I'm still trying to get myself back together, but it's so hard for me to change and I think that's the problem with me. Everything and everyone else changed and I just get stranded in the past.

And luck still hasn't been on my side either. The Y!M-WLM interoperability thing has been a load of crap for the pass couple of weeks, keeps acting screwed up. I don't wanna be a damn freak over this, but I guess I just don't want things to get any more complicated than it already is. I mean, it's not like I want everything in my life to go perfectly well, just look at my academic result, it's such a bitch already. So why can some, few, other things just go right or a little smoother. If they say life can't be perfect all the time, I'd say it shouldn't be a bitch all the time either. There's gotta be a balance somewhere.

Well, that was a little over reacting I know, IM interoperability isn't gonna dig a grave and nail a casket for me, but it gets pretty frustrating sometimes. I even have a Y!A user PM me about it if I had any solution, which I didn't. All Yahoo says is it's a beta feature so we don't give a shit about it. Take it or leave it. At least, that's the synonym of it.

Putting my sordid, pathetic, perpetual, spiral downfall aside, looking on to next week, I'll finally start a subject, at the cost of another, unfortunately. The lecturer doesn't seems to show any further sign of merging both class thus remedying my clashing timetable, and I can't wait forever so I had to choose. So there goes a silent 15 men class, and the worst of all was that last Friday, a trio approach me to be their group member. What this means? I drop the subject and so effectively rejected what may be a golden chance of getting a group among all these juniors (2 year, 3 years even) which also means I just rejected the one and only "lucky circumstances" I had for what could have been the entire semester. The problem here is that, sometimes in a small class, it's easier to find group as everyone needs each other, though I can't deny the person who approached me was a nice guy, not those ego-through-the-roof airheads. If I were to be in a huge class, everyone knows each other, they have their own friends to form a group, they don't need any stranger. I mean, that's the way people are, not blaming anyone. Any given person would want to be with someone they know, not a perfect stranger that I'm playing the part of.

Other than that, I only look forward to more guitar practicing, hopefully the video tutorial of basic licks and chord progression will be completely downloaded by then. Still a noob and always will be, but I really enjoy it. Though it's no secret I've always dream of being a professional guitarist, playing for well known vocalist like Avril Lavigne or the Veronicas, or be in a band like The Ataris, but heck, it's just a dream that is so far away on another planet in another universe. Pretty much like most of my other dreams, heh.

Ah well, enough for now. Any more negativity and this blog will be so burned at the stake by now. Off to endure another week. Early class tomorrow. Dead sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home