Sunday, July 24, 2005

The best medicine of life

It was said that laughter is the best medicine. Well, often this is kinda true. Yes, often but not always. There are certain pains that laughter can’t cure, simply because well, I can’t laugh in the first place under such situation. When I can’t provoke the medicine, then heck nothing will cure me then. Oh, yes. This will be about myself of course, it’s not like I went to do a survey to see how effective laughter is on others.

Well, lately I’ve come to realize that I had the better medicine with me all this while. That is electronics entertainment or better known as computer games. And lately, it’s been an online game, which is MMORPG (Massively-played Multiplayer Online Role Play Game) that has been my best medicine. This is basically the only thing I can do when I’m down. When I plays any games, it just takes away all my attention, thus for a moment, I forgets all my misery, all my heartache goes away for a moment. Well, its just basically keeping me occupied. That’s all.

Why online games? Well, it enables me to interact with players from far away, or in other words, with real humans.

Enough crapping

Gaming has its own negative effects to of course. It does affect my studies, though to what extend I can’t tell, as I’m lazy anyway. But basically, it’s all that I have when I’m down. It’s just not my type to go talk it out with my friends, or go to the bar downtown and drink away all my misery (I don’t drink as a matter of fact.) or resorting to anything that’s worst.

But then, one of it’s biggest setback is that it’s only a temporary medicine. I can’t be gaming 24/7.

Which is why I mention earlier that gaming is a better medicine, but it ain’t the best solution. The best medicine will always be time. Only time can heals everything.

But gaming is something I’ll always turn to whenever I need something to ease the pain that’s seems to be a part of me these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home