Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's true what they say, that time plays trick on us.

The path I was on was certainly no where near the usual one. I don't know if its a bad thing, but I guess, there are things I just can't be.

I knew I never was a great person, but I certainly thought that through all this flaws, I could somehow... I guess, I thought that there are things that I could overcome, that perhaps, I could offset my flaws and it wouldn't make me any lesser of a person.

And yeah, those years I guess it certainly seemed that way. But we were young, and I guess that's one of the good things about then. We see everyone the same and the world in shades of gray.

But I guess my biggest mistake was to think that there are certain things I could overcome, that I could be more than where I started out.


We all begin with good intent
Love was raw and young
We believed that we could change ourselves
The past could be undone
But we carry on our backs the burden
Time always reveals
In the lonely light of morning
In the wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything
That I've held so dear.

I know I'm a pessimist, but how could one not be when everything keeps revealing itself in ways I feard to be the worst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home