Thursday, October 28, 2004

Your brakes are improtant...as I've learn the hard way

This is the forth time I've almost got involve in a road accident. Thank god so far, I've only come this close but this shit did not atually happend. Anyway, here's a short discribtion of all four incidents.

1)
It happend at a road at the place I use to live at back in 2003. It was after a junction. This bike was at my left after the exit of the corner, and she somehow slowed down a little. I thought she's allowing me to overtake her and so I pick-up a little faster. All of a suddent, she turn to my right, right in front of me. Damn, I had to him my brakes so hard that the front wheel locks up. Luckily, I my car manage to come to a stand still in time. After that, this lady has the guts to stare back at me as if it was my fault. She should learn to use her signal lights and rear mirrors.

2)
This one was my fault. I was exiting my campus compound from the front gate. I stop but somehow, I didn't see this bike coming from the right. I accelerated just to hear him sounded his hons. Again, I manage to stop in time, but not before my car was covering half part across of the road. Luckily, he manage to avoid me.

3)
Again, its a bike. This guy just cut across the road I was driving on, from right to left. As usual, I nail down the brakes and my right wheel lock up. Once again, thank god nothing happens except for a little worn off tyres and brakes.

4)
This time around, it was just after the rain, road still wet. But shit happens regardless of rain or shine. This car just cut across from the right road to the left. This time, I was lucky that I had saw her approching quite fast and expected her to cut across blindly. I step on the brakes and yes, she did and I nail it down. Wheels lock up and attract the attention of passers by around me, for all the wrong reason, unfortunetly. What a shame, dammit.

Anyway, in all of this, the thing that save me was the brakes of my cars. So, i guess its just as important as they tyre. Replace it when its worn off at all cost.

Oh well, this memories ain't sweet in anyway. But I guess I'll just keep them here, to remind myself of how dangerous the road is out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home